The DC Furies are seeking to fill at least one but possibly multiple coaching positions for the upcoming season. Candidates experienced with coaching the back line are highly encouraged to apply, however, all qualified candidates will be considered.
- Rugby 15s or 7s experience
- High-level coaching experience of men’s or women’s clubs
- High levels of organization, motivation, planning, and delegation
- Position or skill-set specific expertise (e.g. back triangle, counter attack strategizing, tight five, etc.)
- Experience coaching players at varying ability levels within the same club
- Experience working with other members of a coaching staff
The Furies field competitive teams in both the Women’s Premier League (WPL) and Division 2. We are seeking to add coaching experience for both sides, so all experience levels are welcome. We also offer an apprenticeship program for coaches or aspiring coaches who are early in their careers. Our coaching staff typically consists of 4-6 coaches between the two sides, so the candidate must be willing to work as part of a team. In addition to the coaching staff, led by the head or interim head coach, the coach will also work alongside the D2 head coach, both WPL Captains, both D2 Captains and the Executive Board at large. Coaches are responsible for communicating and executing the game plan, working with the selections committee (coaches, captains, rotating ad hoc) and the rest of the coaching staff, developing players, and helping to foster a growth-oriented and inclusive team spirit and culture.
Interested parties please email Coaching Committee Chair, Erin O’Reilly at firstname.lastname@example.org.