The DC Furies’ Division 2 squad is seeking to fill at least one coaching position for the upcoming season. Experience with the back line is preferred, but all experience will be considered.
- Rugby 15s or 7s experience
- High-level coaching experience of men’s or women’s clubs
- High levels of organization, motivation, planning, and delegation
- Position or skill-set specific expertise (e.g. back three expertise, defensive coordination, etc.)
- Experience coaching players at varying ability levels within the same club
- Experience working with other members of a coaching staff
The Furies field competitive teams in both the Women’s Premier League (WPL) and Division 2. We are seeking to fill a coaching spot that will focus on our Division 2 side. Our coaching staff typically consists of 4-6 coaches between the two sides so the candidate must be willing to work as part of a team. In addition to the coaching staff, led by Head Coach Scott Delaney, the coach will also work alongside both WPL Captains, both D2 Captains and the Executive Board at large. Coaches are responsible for communicating and executing the game plan, working with the selections committee (coaches, captains, rotating ad hoc selector), the rest of the coaching staff, developing players, and helping to foster a growth-oriented and inclusive team spirit and culture.
Interested parties please email Coaching Committee Chair, Erin O’Reilly firstname.lastname@example.org.