The Washington Women’s Rugby Football Club, the DC Furies, are seeking to fill two coaching positions, including one general coaching position and at least one backs-specific coaching position.
- Rugby 15’s or 7’s experience
- High level coaching experience of men’s or women’s clubs
- High levels of organization, motivation, planning, and delegation
- Position or skill-set specific expertise (e.g. back three expertise, halfback expertise, defensive coordination, etc)
- Experience coaching players at varying ability levels within the same club
- Experience working with other members of a coaching staff
The Furies field competitive teams in both the Women’s Premier League (WPL) and Division II. Coaches are responsible for communicating and executing the game plan, working with the selections committee and the rest of the coaching staff, developing players, and helping to foster a growth oriented and inclusive team spirit and culture.